September 10, 2021
The Association of Northeastern Extension Directors (NEED) has launched a new funding opportunity to assist interstate urban Extension collaborations.
Multistate Urban Extension Grants will be used to support, advance, and promote a variety of Extension initiatives that directly target or build capacity for programs that reach urban audiences. These programs can fall under any Extension program area or discipline including those that cross standard disciplinary boundaries.
The submission deadline for the first round of funding is December 1, 2021. Proposals must involve participation by Extension personnel from a minimum of two states in the Northeast Region.
Proposals can be written to support a range of activities including, but not limited to:
- Training and Demonstration – Sharing successful approaches or models that will allow states to adopt, modify or expand extension program for urban audiences.
- Professional Development – Enhancing the capacity of staff to deliver programs to urban audiences.
- Program Development – Creating/piloting new programs to reach urban audiences.
- Communication and Connection – Enhancing communication, technology or urban Extension networks.
Extension employees from at least two states in the Northeast region may apply with endorsement from their Extension directors or administrators. Proposals may request a maximum of $3,000 to be spent within one year of approval.
Proposals will be prioritized that meet one or more of the following criteria:
- Clarity and quality of the proposed activities
- Commitment of additional funds or in-kind resources from Extension directors and/or administrators of participating states
- Team members have significant experience, expertise, or a record of achievement in the areas related to the proposed activities
- Inclusion of a plan that demonstrates, documents, or promotes the value of Extension programs delivered to urban audiences
Explore the Grants page of the NEED website for additional information and to download the complete request for proposals.
Questions may be directed to NEED Executive Director, Ali Mitchell Dunigan.
Phone: (401) 682-7297
Email: [email protected]