A list of upcoming opportunities to engage with or provide comment on federal rules, regulations, and grant management decisions that relate to northeast extension priorities. This is not an exhaustive list.
Strengthening Organic Enforcement (SOE)” proposed rule – Due October 5th
- GOAL: Improve record keeping requirements for certified organic operations and protect the USDA organic seal across the supply chain.
- MATERIALS: Submit comments through Regulations.gov docket number AMS-NOP-17-0065-0001.
U.S. Domestic Hemp Production Program Interim Final Rule – Due October 8th
- All stakeholders are invited to provide comments, especially those who were subject to the regulatory requirements of the IFR during the 2020 production cycle.
- Written comments should be submitted via the Federal eRulemaking portal at www.regulations.gov; docket AMS_FRDOC_0001-2107. Comments may also be sent via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Future of Consumer Food Safety Education – Due October 9th
- GOAL: Establish a comprehensive understanding of how consumers handle and prepare food today, by reviewing recent research and forthcoming research, so as to develop the most effective approach for consumer outreach and education in the future
- MATERIALS: Submit comments through Regulations.gov docket number FSIS-2020-0026
Pasture, Rangeland, Forage Rainfall Index Crop Insurance Program — Due November 5th
- GOAL: “We want to be sure that the recommendations RMA implements are good for the industry and good for livestock producers,” said RMA Administrator Martin Barbre. “We are always looking for feedback and making adjustments to ensure that our insurance products protect producers and help them manage their risk, including lack of rainfall, and protect the integrity of the program.”
- MATERIALS: The recommendations are published in a report available on the RMA website for public review and comment. Comments can be submitted via email to email@example.com
Innovative Technologies and Practices for the Agriculture Innovation Agenda – Due November 9th
- GOAL: Capture ideas for innovative technologies and practices that can be readily deployed across U.S. agriculture to meet USDA’s goal of increasing agricultural production by 40 percent to meet the needs of the global population in 2050 while cutting the environmental footprint of U.S. agriculture in half.
- Learn more and submit your comments here.
Past 2020 Opportunities
Beginning Farmer & Rancher Development Program (Stakeholder Input Webinar) – September 16th @ 1:00-2:30 CT/2:00-3:30 ET
- Join ZoomGov Meeting: https://www.zoomgov.com/j/1605950572?pwd=Ukp0dXdKMVpxNVRicjlBWkU5Q2xtUT09; Meeting ID: 160 595 057; Passcode: 299337
- Read the 2020 RFA before participating.